Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Attaching pictures (again!)

Gave up on a post because I couldn't control where in the text my pictures would be positioned. "Place inline" put them all at the bottom - not where I want them. In the past, the code for inserting them would appear in the compose window, where I could cut/paste it to anyplace in the message. But now no matter what I tried I couldn't move them. Ultimately the code even just disappeared although the images were still there in the preview window. Waste of half an hour or more: Very frustrating.

webmaster
Site Admin

Before clicking Place Inline, you need to click into the spot where you want the image to appear.
test-image.jpg
test-image.jpg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 624 times
So if you want the image under the first paragraph, you click an empty spot under the first paragraph.

If there's a second sentence immediately after the first paragraph, then you'll go to the end of the first paragraph and click the enter button once or twice like you're going to start a new paragraph. Then click the position where you want the image.

Then click the Place Inline button.

If the image shows up where you don't want it, click the EDIT button and "cut" the inline image code then "paste" it where you want it to appear. The code looks like the code reproduced below.

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]test-image.jpg[/attachment]

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

webmaster wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 pm
"cut" the inline image code then "paste" it where you want it to appear.
Thanks; that's what I've done in the past and it worked but not this time. As well, I had saved - or thought I had saved - most of the text in draft, but it's not there. Oh well, life goes on .... :()

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”