Gary350
Super Green Thumb

What is your BEST water sprayer?

I am looking for a water sprayer that does not restrict water flow from the garden hose?

With no water sprayer on my garden hose I can fill a 5 gallon bucket in 75 seconds. I want a sprayer that will spray 5 gallons of water in 75 seconds. I am planning to do a lot of watering this year and don't want to spend 3 hours every evening doing it.
Last edited by Gary350 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

imafan26
Mod

Use your thumb over the end of the hose. I use a fan sprayer because mine is an old metal one that does not have a flow restrictor. My house is also old, so the faucet does not have a flow restrictor either. I wish I could get close to 5 gallons in 75 seconds. My water pressure is about 37 psi when it was last checked. I cannot turn on two faucets at the same time (the second one will just suck air), Forget about trying to take a shower with the sprinkler system on and even the 5 gallon toilet has problems flushing well without a bucket of water with a chaser. The garbage disposal pretty much always needs a bit pot of water as a chaser.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I have a newer Best Garden wand. It has a "bucket filler" setting.

The valve wasn't what I wanted so it was replaced by a Dramm, brass valve. Probably, I'd be more happy to have the Dramm wand back but it served for years. The Best Garden has a "power washer" and I will be out washing the house walls again soon. Already used it on the car and pickup.

Is your garden unsuitable for sprinklers, Gary? The soil here is inappropriate for flood irrigation and my garden has been too large for soaker hoses. We had almost exactly a total of 1" of rain over the 4 months of June through September in 2020. Overhead irrigation isn't the best but hand watering would not be an answer.

Steve

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I've had my fair share of leaky hose sprayers. I stick my thumb over the end to. I'd like to find a hose that doesn't kink up and make me want to chop it up with the hatchet.

imafan26
Mod

I like rubber hoses for that. They are very heavy and they usually only come in long lengths but when they kink they are easy to unkink and and they don't make permanent kinks like the vinyl hoses do. They are pricey, but so worth it. They usually are 3/4 inch hoses so they actually deliver more water than a 1/2 inch hose if your water pressure is good. Some do come in 5/8 inch diameters and shorter lengths. They are also usually good for both hot and cold water use. I use it to drain the water heater once a year.

I usually like to use a metal fan sprayer for the garden. I have some pistol grip handles and wands and I like their convenience on changing the heads and the dead man switch. I don't like that they leak and I cannot get the distance because of my poor water pressure which I can't really do anything about. Many people like the attachment that you twist to get more water, and it is good for washing the car or the sidewalk, but I don't care for watering the garden with it.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”