Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Forum changed behaviour

I don't know whether I've inadvertently changed some setting to cause this: When I click on "New Posts" the list includes links to not only new posts but also to the profiles of all the authors.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or can tell me why it's happening?

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Now the forum "New post" behaviour has reverted to normal - ????? Am I the only one who experienced this?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

That's how I arrived here, VanIsle -- I clicked "New Posts."

There were no profiles on the New Posts and I'm quite sure that I have not seen them, in this new format.

Appearance is different on webpages with different browsers and screen sizes. I'm not sure what I've noticed what those differences are on HG. This is still something of a new experience with the change.

Steve

applestar
Mod

I’m wondering if you are using a mobile phone?

On the iPhone the appearance of the new posts list is different depending on if you are holding vertically (portrait) or horizontally (landscape)....?

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

applestar wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:14 am
I’m wondering if you are using a mobile phone?
No, I'm using Waterfox (a variation of Firefox) on my laptop, and have been for years. The change in forum behaviour appeared spontaneously this week, then reverted to normal right after I posted about it.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Oh, now my email notifications - which seemed to have stopped working - are going to my junk folder. They never did that before (when they were working). What's going on?

webmaster
Site Admin

If you are referring to email notifications from this site, you might want to try adding the email address to your contacts.

That will stop your email client from dumping it into junk.

That's more something to do with your email client. I find that most of them have rather poor email handling.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

After I got a new phone I don't receive forum notifications anymore, I don't know how to change my gmail address to where I'll receive notifications to my tablet now, since I use my tablet to get on the forum now. (Unless I upload photos, then I have to use my phone) I'm not too concerned with it though, I just periodically check the forum.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

webmaster wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm
... you might want to try adding the email address to your contacts...That's more something to do with your email client.
I'll try adding HG to my contact list but I used to get regular email notifications. Can't say when that stopped but I suspect it was when the forum format changed. Then I just didn't get them at all; not really an issue as I usually check "New Posts." But now another change: I get then in my junk folder.

There are other sites where email notifications either don't work or are treated as junk, but yet others where they work just fine. I doubt the reason for the difference lies in my email client, but rather at the other end of the link. Yes it's my emailer that's treating some of them as junk; but why some and not others. What's within the messages that causes that?

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

PS - what email address would I add to my contacts; sorry if it's a silly question but I really don't know.

webmaster
Site Admin

I'm going to check but I'm pretty sure it's roger@ followed by the domain name.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”