no1wink
Newly Registered

do not know what this is

it is growing in all of our containers very small root and sort of squishy

Thanks

no1wink
Newly Registered

I have theses growing in my tomato, peppers and herbs. they have very small roots and are sort of squishy
Attachments
DSC00111 (2).JPG

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Looks like a fungus. Has it been wet and humid where you are? If you can, I'd remove and destroy it.

applestar
Mod

Where are you located? It looks like a birds nest fungus/mushroom. But there are different species. I believe they only grow on dead woody mulch material and are not parasitic on living plants. This type will just break down the wood into plant-usable soil, so only concern would be if you or family member is allergic to mold, yeast, or fungi in general.

As it matures, tiny pebble-like cluster will develop inside the cup, making it look like a nest of eggs.

Haha I’d be thrilled to find them in my yard — I’ve only seen them on a mushroom walk at a nearby state park.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

In the future, please post only one thread about a subject in one place. 😉

I believe it is a fungus of some sort. Has it been raining a lot or is very humid where you are? Excess rain causes funguses and mushrooms to just pop up in places, they'll show up in my garden. If it concerns you or if you or anyone living with you is allergic to mold/fungses, I'd dig it out. Try to control the amount of moisture your plants gets so it won't stay constantly wet if you're getting a lot of rain.

applestar
Mod

I’ve merged the two separate threads together. To avoid confusion. Subject will indicate which thread the post came from.

no1wink
Newly Registered

thank you for all your help and sorry I double posted it will not happen again :D :oops:

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

You're welcome, and no worries. 😉

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”