SQWIB
Greener Thumb

OKRA, for breakfast!!

imafan26
Mod

Fried okra looks good.

applestar
Mod

Okra is SO pretty in bloom. I’m going to have to put it back higher on my growing list for next year. It keeps getting bumped lower because nobody else will eat it, but maybe if I hide it like that they will at least taste it first.... :()

:lol: ...gotta chuckle at the snowman mug — don’t Need the visualization to will yourself cooler today, @SQWIB :wink:

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

The last two mornings I ate okra for breakfast...in a Thai curry, which I often eat leftover for breakfast!

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have never eaten fried okra for breakfast but now that you mention it, it sounds good. My plants are not making okra yet but they will about 2 more weeks. What is your recipe for fried okra?

erins327

YAY! I eat okra and squash with eggs on a regular basis. Great way to go ahead and get a vegetable in your system for the beginning of the day!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

We don't eat fried foods but do love okra. I'm growing Bush Cowhorn and Choppee this year. I've never grown it before but I really like the large plants. In the last week, I've eaten it baked ( not very good because it makes the okra tough), okra and tomatoes (my favorite): and boiled (slimy but delicious). A small amount of acid like tomatoes or a teaspoon of vinegar gets rid of the slime.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”