lakngulf
Greener Thumb

lakngulf still alive and kickin'

Every day I think I will start a 2019 "growing on the lake" thread. But I got called in by my former employer to help with some computer programming projects that were on a deadline. Took me awhile to get back in the swing of things, for a couple days a week.

My tomatoes are up and going, tons of them in the greenhouse. Getting some corn ready to go on the Pier over the Lake and have a few early tomatoes in the ground. Had to cover them for tonight because of some Blackberry Winter temps the next couple of nights.

Going Cherokee Purple only this year. My 11 year old grandson has some big containers of his own and will grow some pepper, cukes and cherry tomatoes in the burbs of Bham. Should be a great year if we can get past the cold temps between now and Easter.

applestar
Mod

Yay! Glad to see you are here @lakngulf!
I’m looking forward to watching your garden grow again this year :clap:

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Some pretty good growing conditions in the Deep South. I was gone for 8 days on a trip to Vermont and came back to find my tomatoes showing out.
On The Pier

And at the Farm

And the Blue Hydrangeas LOVE this weather

applestar
Mod

Love those blue hydrangeas.
Your gardens are looking terrific — no 4-legged raiders troubling you this year I hope.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”