iLLogicaL

Seedling Fuzz?

I apparently overwatered some of my seedlings and now they have a bit of fuzz on the soil surface. Anything I can do about that, or does the mold stick once it's gotten hold?

If I need to scrap the plants, is the soil safe to dump in my garden, or will the mold spread?

Thanks in advance!

elementfiftyfour
Cool Member

If it is warm enough take them outside and set them in the sun for a day. That should kill the fuz and the seedling will get much needed sunlight.

If it isn't warm enough just set them in a window with plenty of light and let it air out.

Oh and make sure you take the lid off your starter so you don't cook the seedlings. If it is too hot and humid you will kill the seedling.

iLLogicaL

lol @ lid. If only I had one...you should see the cacophony of dish tubs and upturned garbage can lids perched on a stack of empty boxes teetering beneath two construction lamps retrofitted with CFL bulbs and clipped onto rows of push pins in the ceiling that I call 'grow station delta'. It is truly astounding : )

Thanks for the tips though...I should start hardening these things off anyway, glad to know there may be hope for them. Cheers!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”