Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Re: Which (tasty!) tomatoes yield most?

Steve: Thanks for the link to US GDD (growing degree-day) tables. GDD is a subject I've ignored so far. I'm finding it a bit of a chore trying to compare US vs Canadian locations & numbers - ie compare yours with mine (with particular respect to tomatoes.) Think I'll go right back to ignoring GDD. :)

Apart from the 9/5 diff in 'size' of degrees - F vs C., each table and each crop requires assumptions about the low & high cutoff temperatures; ie degree days to be excluded because the crop does not grow at those temps; all of which has made me give up on trying to compare/convert tables from different websites.

What I'm left with is that some of the details of every gardener’s experience will always be unique to his/her circumstances & methods.

I hope you have - we all have - a good year in the garden (cheer up it's getting warmer.)

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

"What I'm left with is that some of the details of every gardener’s experience will always be unique to his/her circumstances & methods."

Yes, always keep a notebook and write down planting dates, weather patterns, varieties and results. The ol memory banks are good but tend to forget things..... Write it down! Please do plant and enjoy!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”