Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Have you seen these?

These Green Houses plastic tents would be nice to plant a few winter vegetables I wonder who sells them & how much they cost?
Attachments
GreenHouseTP.jpg

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

No.

SQWIB
Greener Thumb

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

No.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

SQWIB wrote:Image
Those are WAY too pretty for my rough'n ready garden - maybe on the dining room table, covering a gourmet dish? I do love the fact that they have handles.

Are these called 'round tuits?' I've often thought of making something like this but still haven't got a round tuit. When I do it will have a handle; hadn't though of that.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

SQWIB wrote:Image
I have not seen those. Do you know dimensions & price? Who sells these things? I was hoping to find those plastic plant covers online but I have no clue what the real name is, Google search I sometimes find pictures like these but no information who sells them, prices or anything. Search finds plants covered with tarps.

I created these mini milk jug green houses they are doing good in these pots. Cut off the bottom of the milk jug set tops over seeds to germinate. They will work good to keep frost off tomato plants in April. We had full sun today first time in about 2 months, it was 54 and sunny today.
Attachments
100_2292.JPG
100_2291.JPG
Last edited by Gary350 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

gary, try searching for 'plastic garden cloche' or something similar. traditional cloches were clay, but I imagine most you can get now are clear plastic.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”