Jeebus112
Newly Registered

Shisito got droopy

I am growing shisito peppers. 8 noticed one of my plants had droopy leaves bad. Thought it was in trouble, moved to a raised bed. It hasn't gotten any better, and another one is doing it as well. I'm not sure what is wrong, I water them plenty and my other plants seem to be fine. I would add a photo but can't figure out how on my phone

applestar
Mod

Where are you located? Here not much likelihood of wilt or nematodes, so my first thought would be overwatered or underwatered.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I plant early spring so plants have a good root system established for 100 degree weather. Early morning leaves look good but after lunch full sun 90+ degrees leaves are droopy from the hot sun. About 5pm temperatures are dropping and by sun down plant leaves look good again. I do dry farming I never water my plants. Raised beds are dryer than normal soil your problem could be soil is drying out between each water. Droopy leaves are not a bad thing if plants look good early morning & late evening. Also never water plants in middle of the day in hot sun that will make plants wilt & can often kill plants.

imafan26
Mod

Sometimes the droopy looking curled leaves are broad mites. You cannot see them sucking on the leaves. I use 3 in 1 spray in the coolest part of the day. Do not use it within a month of any oil or it will burn the plant. If the plant can handle it, remove the curled leaves and dispose of them in the trash, don't let them drop. Water well under the leaves every day and repeat spraying every 3-7 days. If mites are the problem, the new leaves should come out looking normal. Mites are a problem in hot dry and dusty conditions.

https://site.extension.uga.edu/colquitt ... in-pepper/

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”