pointer80

biodegradable seedling bags?

Just curious, Does anybody use the biodegradable little bags for up potting your seedlings? Right now I am using solo cups so just wondering if them are better? Thanks.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I get the 5 oz clear plastic cups and some potting mix. Punch a hole in the bottom of the cup. Fill the cup with potting soil and plant 2 seeds per cup. Whatever comes up can grow in the cup till time to plant in the garden. Hey, these cups can be stored and used again another season. They work fine for me. I am not familiar with the "biodegradable little bags" you mention.

pointer80

jal_ut wrote:I get the 5 oz clear plastic cups and some potting mix. Punch a hole in the bottom of the cup. Fill the cup with potting soil and plant 2 seeds per cup. Whatever comes up can grow in the cup till time to plant in the garden. Hey, these cups can be stored and used again another season. They work fine for me. I am not familiar with the "biodegradable little bags" you mention.
I found them on amazon and they say they are non woven?

DarrenP

I use the cardboard toilet roll holders. I cut several small incisions at one end and fold them over to make a "cup". Breaks down in the soil as the seedling grows.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”