pallavimohnot
Newly Registered

planted some chilly and now it is like this need help

I planted some extra hot chilly and after weeks of growth this stated happening :oops: I have no clue what steps should I take should I worry :? about it or leave it at it is. Is it a problem or not :shock: .I think it is some insect attack please help :(
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.15.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.14 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-23 at 13.29.14 (1).jpeg

applestar
Mod

I’ll tell you what that looks like to me — it looks like at some point, Pressure was applied to the leaf against the rim of the pot. I’ve done it often enough, you do it without realizing. Where there was damage, the leaf developed scar tissues — sometimes the wounded leaf will scorch from the sun — and the holes may have been where the pressure was heaviest.

Otherwise, this is a very healthy looking plant. :)

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I am with applestar on this. Looks like some mechanical stress. Don't worry about it. The plant looks great.

pallavimohnot
Newly Registered

Thank u so much for your inputs

tedln
Super Green Thumb

They look like Trinidad red scorpion plants which set out in the wind and the leaves beat on the edge of the pot in the wind. Mine did the same thing, but in a large square pot before I planted them in the soil. I will trim the damaged leaves off the plants just to make them look pretty again.

Boboe

My bhut jalokia (ghost pepper) has similar leaf damage. I thought it was from insects, but could be mechanical like others said. The plant looks healthy in your pics.

Something I've noticed with my super hot is that if it's in full sun, the plant starts to lose its dark green color. It begins to yellow. I put it in partial sun, and it's looking much more dark and healthy.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”