vietnamese gardener

Re: My most successful hydroponics crops

imafan26 wrote:Looks really good. Very nice and productive. It is very clean. That is important to keep the plants healthy. Do you grow any tomatoes or cucumbers or do you only have a rail system? Do you have to heat or cool to maintain optimum temperature in the poly house?
In Nha Trang, we have two seasons in a year only.
In the Summer, temperature outdoor is about 35oC and in the poly house is up to 41oC. But we just cover the house with black mesh and spray mist indoor plant watering to cool down.
In the Autumn, temperature maintained at 28 - 32oC outdoor and 30 - 32oC indoor, we still cover the house with black mesh at noon and spray mist indoor plant watering.
We do not have much money to install cooler equipment in the poly house actually, but the plants still growing very well.
We also grow cucumber (production as below) and will grow tomatoes in the next 2 months.
Have a good time.

imafan26
Mod

Looks great. We grew Tasty Jade. It looks a lot like yours. Tasty Jade is parthenocarpic so it does not require pollination. Your temps are much higher than mine. In the hothouse it is warmer and more humid than outside. In summer a tarp had to be put just under the roof to keep the lettuce from bolting too fast and solar fans are used to cool the inside as well as misting. Fungicides are not regularly used so heavy misting cannot be done without asking for fungal issues.

vietnamese gardener

imafan26 wrote:Looks great. We grew Tasty Jade. It looks a lot like yours. Tasty Jade is parthenocarpic so it does not require pollination. Your temps are much higher than mine. In the hothouse it is warmer and more humid than outside. In summer a tarp had to be put just under the roof to keep the lettuce from bolting too fast and solar fans are used to cool the inside as well as misting. Fungicides are not regularly used so heavy misting cannot be done without asking for fungal issues.
Fungal is a very very big trouble in my garden, too. And most fungal infection plants were died within a week.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”