jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Posting Photos

Photobucket used to be a good photo hosting site, then it went bonkers and now all the photos I have put here to share with you, no longer show up. :( I wonder what are other options for sharing pictures on these forums?

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have lots of problems with photo bucket, now I upload photos to Facebook then copy & paste photos here. I use to upload photos to Craigslist then copy & paste them here but Facebook is easier.

A few weeks ago I learned if I log into photo bucket then return 10 minutes later after my photos load on the first page I can right click then copy & paste the my computer or copy & paste pics here. Do not left click it will take another 10 minutes to load the next page with all the advertisements too. Photo bucket refuses to let you do anything until all advertisements have loaded so you are forced to see them all.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Of course, you can upload them directly to Helpful Gardener.

Honestly, I have never searched out the forum's gallery and don't know if it is publicly accessible but I can upload something to a post after clicking Quick Reply, then Full Editor, like this:
carrots in storage2.jpg
You may remember that, James. You commented on your root storage and I posted that picture of mine. It was still in my pc or I could have done a forum search and found it to put it on this current post. Since it was in my photo folder, I just clicked Post Attachment, Browse, Place Inline. (I'm kinda proud of it - a very good carrot year for me :wink: .)

Since I had the Photobucket app in a tablet, before they went bonkers, I have continued to use its gallery. That doesn't mean much - I might have uploaded a couple of pictures recently but I tend to just use "cloud storage" and download when I want something to post. Once again, I'm just using the forum for posting from a mobile device. Perhaps, I could use a Shutterfly account I had to set up to share with family but I'm not sure. I have a cousin who posted a ton of olde pictures online and invited a horde of cousins to enjoy them :D . I once had a Photoshop account but they must have gone the same way as Photobucket - don't remember but since I'd just received the software as a gift, I didn't appreciate it! Anyway, if we are gonna rely on a 3rd party, I guess we can't be surprised if they change things the way they choose and the way they profit.

By the way, the infernal Photobucket ads don't show up on the app.

Storing the pictures somewhere, then going back and downloading them before uploading to Helpful Gardener is sort of a bother but it's okay:
Seminole - Copy (3).JPG
Seminole - Copy (3).JPG (47.41 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Comes a little easier with practice but I'm not sure how to not post the strange caption that oftentimes comes with it :? . Maybe Roger could comment on that.

Steve

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

How do I upload directly to this forum?

There are no instruction?

There is this [ I m g ] [ / I m g ] for copy and paste.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

click:
Quick Reply, then
Full Editor
click:
Upload Attachment
Browse, find your photo in your files and click on it, then click Open
click:
Add the file
Place Inline
click:
Submit
1st green beans.jpg
Steve

webmaster
Site Admin

Yes there are instructions. It's in the first forum.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:Yes there are instructions. It's in the first forum.
What does the first forum mean?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Looks like I asked the wrong question. Looks to me like when I come to this forum I am on the whole forum. Is there another forum somewhere? Where is the first forum? Every forum I am on has lots of categories like this forum it just 1 forum except for SVTF = Southern Vintage Trailer Friends they have 3 forums or maybe they call them pages not sure on FB but only 1 can be found you have to be given the link to the other 2 forums then save the links so you can get there again. Every time my computer crashes I loose all my links. My good computer crashed 2 yrs ago, 2nd computer crashed a year ago, 3rd computer crashed yesterday morning, lucky I had 2nd computer fixed other wise I would not be here now. I lost all my passwords but a few. I think all my garden photos and camping photos are lost.

webmaster
Site Admin

I was on my phone. Go to the home page
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/

Scroll down to Tips for New Members

That's where you'll find instructions for pretty much everything.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

This is a test to see if the photo uploads.
garden.jpg
garden.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 1672 times

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

You did it, Gary.

Now, don't be surprised if it gets away from you once in awhile and you have to ..

. review and ..

. practice.

Steve :)
ATT44875811.gif
ATT44875811.gif (470.04 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

webmaster
Site Admin

That looks great!

I know it's not the most super intuitive but the steps are the same as with any other forum.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have lost 1000s of photos online. Computers can not be trusted they crash and loose the photos. Online cannot be trusted either. I bought a back up hard drive for my older computers it worked good for a while. 1 by 1 the older computers crashed now that windows 10 is the only windows available I can not use my back up hard drive because it is not comparable with win 10. Looks like back up hard drive photos are lost too unless I can get a computer with win 7 or 8. I tried printing photos once color is very expensive. I threw my color printer in the trash ink cartridges were $85 each and did not make many copies. Black & White only printers use the same black & white cartridge as a copy machine it will print over 1000 copies before the cartridge has to be replaced.

webmaster
Site Admin

You can still use the back up hard drive. If it's USB just plug it in. Your computer will scan it and then you can find it with your File Explorer as a removable drive.

I just removed my wife's Windows 10 laptop drive, stuck it into an external drive thing then plugged it into my Win 7 Laptop, Win 7 Desktop and my Win 10 desktop and I could find all the files I wanted to.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Just get one of those USB plug in memory banks. They will hold around 8 GB of data. Lots of pics. When you get your pics on this, you can pull it out and set it on the shelf and the pics are safe, unless the house burns down.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Jumped up at 5:20 and grabbed the camera and rushed out to record that magnificent event in the night sky. . . . . nothing! it was cloudy!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Imagemag51 by James_40 Lofthouse, on Flickr

see if this works...........

Oh! It did work. Looks like it is possible to post a picture using flickr.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”