O-KAY! DRUMROLL PLEASE!! ::)
"What are we looking at?" You say?
On the left side are seedlings that were treated with 'asmx91's mighty mite mix'
-- These are the first three seedlings, treated and put under the Garage V8 lights. I believe it was the 3rd morning after treatment when I discovered that the seedlings were MISSING all their leaves. Gone... completely. I wasn't sure what to think about that -- a mouse? But these are TOMATO LEAVES??? I treated them again by spraying the sticks top of the seedlings (...and hoped the mouse had managed to get himself a really bad tummy ache from his greediness). Next morning, I found the sad remains of viciously chomped up sticks as you see here. DEFINITELY MOUSE. I sprayed them again (though I realized now that it must be the sunflower oil in the mix that had tempted the mouse) then covered each with cut off plastic bottles. ...and set our two kitties to patrol the garage every day. 2nd day, one of them caught a mouse.
that was 3 days ago. You can see that one of them was too severely damaged by the mouse and died, but the other two are recovering and growing new leaf buds.
-- These three seedlings in 9oz cups are the ones I started to treat in the house after discovering the sticks. They are showing some stress from the oil treatment but look recovered from the initial mite infestation.
Top right and middle right
-- These are the seedlings I had hoped would be rescued by Indoor Garden Patrol predatory mites (although only with existing population and not by releasing a large number directly on the plants). Among the14 seedlings left to chance predatory mite rescue, 3 are still looking healthy and unaffected by mites, and 3 are struggling/hanging on/recovering. The rest are in poor condition from massive infestation or already dead.
-- Here in the front are some seedlings I have started to treat since two days ago. These are more severely infested and damaged than the ones I started to treat at early signs of infestation.