kd040608
Newly Registered

Something wrong with my Cucumber Plant

Hi, I this year is my first attempt at gardening and I planted two Boston pickling cucumber plants in my raised garden bed. They have been producing cucumbers starting last week (I planted the last week of may) but the leaves have been dying and I'm concerned that it may be something serious. I have attached photos showing the leaves when they 1st show signs of discoloration, then as they worsen and I remove them from the plant and the base of the plant.

I've read so many articles regarding cucumber issues and diseases but it seems like half of them to me. Any clarity will be greatly appreciated :D !
Attachments
Cucumber base of plant.jpg
Cucumber leaves on ground.jpg
Cucumber leaves.jpg

applestar
Mod

Have you been checking for pests? You may have stinkbugs or squashbugs feasting on your cucumber leaves. They suck juice out of the leaves and the leaves collapse. Check for eggs too. The juvies can do this with collective effort after a hatching event.

kd040608
Newly Registered

I haven't seen anything in there and I usually check in the morning and again at night.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

You say: "They have been producing cucumbers starting last week"

Sounds like you are having success. May I suggest planting a few more seeds? Check the underside of the leaves for small crawling bugs. When grown in the ground cucumber roots will go 3 to 4 feet deep, so they are somewhat restricted growing in containers.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”