pointer80

When should I treat my veggies again?

Hello all, I treated my garden a while ago with copper sulfate to prevent and control fungal problems and a while later I treated the garden with neem oil to prevent pest. I am not seeing any signs of either problem right now so I am wondering when or if I should treat again? Thanks for any help.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know what "awhile ago" means.

Treatment for fungus is best done preventatively. So if you haven't had any fungal diseases, maybe treat them once a month. If you have had disease already, then every two weeks.

Treatment for insects is best done when you have an insect problem. There's no point in trying to treat for insects until you know what and where the problem is. Pest treatments are specific to what the pest is.

pointer80

rainbowgardener wrote:I don't know what "awhile ago" means.

Treatment for fungus is best done preventatively. So if you haven't had any fungal diseases, maybe treat them once a month. If you have had disease already, then every two weeks.

Treatment for insects is best done when you have an insect problem. There's no point in trying to treat for insects until you know what and where the problem is. Pest treatments are specific to what the pest is.
. I just treated with copper sulfate on June 18. I guess I was wondering more if I should continue to treat on a regular basis or how long will one treatment last

imafan26
Mod

You should treat with a fungicide as long as environmental conditions (humid, wet weather) persist. If you are not expecting rain and your humidity is low you can back off a bit.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”