pointer80

opinion on veggies so far

Here are some pictures of my plants so far(pics are the greatest). I just planted them Saturday. I have noticed some yellowing but some of the tomatoes I bought off a private party so I don't know much about them. My vining plants are yellowed a little and the two pumpkins are droopy but I am waiting for drip irrigation to arrive so watering with a sprinkler right now and I am sure they are not getting watered like they should. Is this normal after transplanting and if so how long until they recover? Thanks.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No pics !?? :?: :?:

pointer80

oops, to much going on lol, here ya go
Attachments
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_2787.JPG

pointer80

couple more pics
Attachments
IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Not sure when you watered last, but the ground looks awful dry and some plants look to be suffering a bit because of it. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Edited to add this. Recently transplanted plants need extra watering to help them set roots and recover from the shock. Water them deeply with a hose if you have to.

pointer80

gumbo2176 wrote:Not sure when you watered last, but the ground looks awful dry and some plants look to be suffering a bit because of it. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Edited to add this. Recently transplanted plants need extra watering to help them set roots and recover from the shock. Water them deeply with a hose if you have to.
I watered in the morning and was watering when I took the pics but with the sprinkler I am not getting water down deep, just wetting the surface and maybe a inch down I imagine. I am waiting for drip irrigation to show up.

imafan26
Mod

Your sprinkler should be able to wet the bed well enough it you leave it on long enough and if you move it and make sure there is a good overlap.

pointer80

imafan26 wrote:Your sprinkler should be able to wet the bed well enough it you leave it on long enough and if you move it and make sure there is a good overlap.
Yes if I leave it on long enough I believe it would do the job but I am on a 2 inch well and there is so much of the water that gets wasted as overspray. I cannot wait to get my drip irrigation components tat I ordered online!

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

For fresh transplants here, I always make a crater of earth around each plant and fill it with water. If the plants are too stressed at the beginning it might affect their future health.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”