Cynthia2017

When to put plants in the ground zone 5b

I'm having a hard time knowing when I can put my plants in the ground. I'm in zone 5b
The gardening app I'm using says : cucumber, summer squash, melons. May 24
Tomatoes, peppers. May 31
People here have commented that that is reversed

Our night temp forecast this week are: 10, 12, 7,7, 9 C (7 is 45 F)
Can I put the above mentioned plants in the ground with those temperatures?

They have yet to be left out all night as I have thought 10 might be the lowest I should choose to leave them

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Yes, plant them.

Shanghaisky
Cool Member

I'm in 5a/b as well, and I put out my seeds a week and a half ago. My tomatoes I bought as starts from Walmart and have been outside day and night for 3 weeks, doing okay. I am waiting to put them in ground for a break in the rain and for the surrounding plants to get a little bigger. We had a long winter here in Upstate NY, so I'm starting my peas and greens now and they are flourishing in these moderate temps. It's my first year in this zone (was in zone 7 before) so it's all been a little bit of a shock for me to wait so long.

Cynthia2017

Thank you both. I'll be waiting for the rain to stop as well but will leave them outside in the meanwhile

wisconsindead

I'm in 5b.

I planted tomatoes on May 21 (on the early side of planting)
I will plant Peppers this weekend but could've earlier.
I planted all sorts of stuff like onions and spinach in early april. Strawberries can be planted then as well. Most things can be planted in April/May unless it is a warm plant like peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes etc. Almost everything can be planted prior to June in 5b.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”