Gary350
Super Green Thumb

My garden is under water 5" of rain today.

I finished planting the garden yesterday just in time for 5" of rain. I usually don't plant seeds until May 1st but it has been 85 to 92 degrees for a month so I planted anyway. This might be ok but we have 6 more days of heavy rain in the forecast. OH well I have more seeds.

wisconsindead

That's what my garden looked like last week. Hope you make it out OK. Its been a very wet spring here so far.

ACW

I havent seen even a shower for some six weeks now .
been watering my wee garden for most of march !
I could do with half your dose !

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Flash flood rain every day this week. More storms tonight and more rain Saturday and more rain Sunday. Garden is full of grass that never got killed I only got to till 3 times before it rained. Screw all this rain tomorrow morning 8 am we are driving south to AL to camp 2 days where its not raining. Then we are off to the ocean camping for a week. None of the seeds I planted are coming up in this swamp. Maybe when we return mud will be dried up and I can till the garden and start over. Rhubarb does not like being under water I think it is almost dead. I am not trying to save anything we are just getting the #$%& out of here.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

So sorry to hear about your garden, Gary. Hopefully, when you get back, weather will be better, and you can salvage some things out there.

applestar
Mod

How disheartening. :(

Yes to getting away and forgetting it all -- I hope you both have a great time.

With you longer (than me anyway) growing season, I hope by the time you are back, things will have reset and you can still have great rest of the growing season.

imafan26
Mod

Sorry to hear about all the hard work you did getting flooded out. I hope you enjoy your vacation, and the weather cooperates more.

It is raining here too but you know April showers brings many weeds.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

5 inches of rain? Yowsers! Here it unusual to ever get over an inch of rain in a storm.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

That is disheartening, but at least when you get back it'll be around the time you normally would have planted anyway. You'll probably still have your usual great success!

I had to redo a few things this year too already. Had a hot spell and I jumped the gun! :(

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”