lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Yes It Got Cold

And I had these covered at night, but too much COLD for them. They look about like my March Madness bracket.

Asica

I am sorry. That just sucks.

applestar
Mod

Oh bummer.... the lowest leaves look OK so they still might come back with side shoots, but if you already have replacements, they might grow better than these that have been set back?

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

I was pretty surprised how well some things sailed through the several nights in a row of weather in the teens...mostly young trees with soft new green growth on them. tomatoes wouldn't'a made it though.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Thanks for the sympathy. I knew when I planted them that it was risky, and yes, I do have replacements. I did not even try to keep my greenhouse warm during the three nights of low temps. I simply brought the majority of my little plants inside and babied them. They needed some sunshine after the stay in the house so everything back to the greenhouse yesterday.

Temp for the next couple weeks look great!! Highs in the 70s

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Hmmmm. Those might send out some side shoots and make it. Give them a few days.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

jal_ut wrote:Hmmmm. Those might send out some side shoots and make it. Give them a few days.
It won't be worth waiting on them, because I have plenty to replace them when the temps are a little better.

And little ones coming along

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”