jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Full Moon Tonight

Be sure to take a peek at the moon tonight. Here it has been cloudy for three days, and no sign of relief. Just a few flakes of snow. It is cold, 27 degrees F.

applestar
Mod

It was gorgeous and HUGE -- I saw it around 5am when it had come around to the west side of the house but still pretty high up in the sky.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

At the horizon here it was huge and orange. Some native Americans called the December full moon the Cold Moon or the Long Nights Moon. Apt.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Certainly, a time of Long Nights (& cold) - the sun now sets here before 4pm and rises after 7:30am.

I tried to catch the moonrise but it was cloudy. This morning, it was a brilliant silver disk about 3 hours after AppleStar saw it on its way West ;). Luckily, I had a good view from the house windows as it was 4°f outdoors.

A little more snow will fall tonight and tomorrow, then it will be well below zero Saturday morning. All this, according to the Weather Service. I imagine that moon will still be brilliantly shining through those windows on Saturday morning, too.

:) Steve

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Still overcast and snowing here. I just went out and started the tractor and moved about 4 inches of snow off the drive. Don't know if we will get a chance to see the moon?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Cloudy here. About midnight I was able to see the moon through some wispy clouds. Not a clear shot.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”