jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Late Season

Its a weird year. I planted the usual time, then third week of May we got a killing frost and it took out everything. So starting over a month late. Don't know if I will have much of a crop this year. Many of the seed of the later planting did not even germinate in the arid heat. I have some corn that looks like it may make it, but everything else way behind. The squash and cucumbers have not even bloomed yet. That's gardening, you are at the mercy of the elements.

imafan26
Mod

I am just late. The fall garden of broccoli got started late so it went on until May and I had snails and godzilla weeds to contend with, and still do. I finally got to plant corn again about a week ago. I tried planting earlier this year but only 6 came up between the birds, mice and snails.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

The corn is doing OK

sunflower13

I am in the same boat. About the only thing doing ok are the tomatoes. Peppers are pathetic, squash and cucumbers are way behind. This year was a tough one for my garden. Got a few broccoli going for fall. Going to grow some quick-growing cabbage and carrots. Maybe the cold weather crops can do something if the weather can make its mind up :).

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”