webmaster
Site Admin

“Does the Moon Influence the Garden?”

Hey all,
I accidentally deleted the topic. I was making a response in that post but my post went into the second page which lead me to believe I had made a new post, not realizing that I had posted in the ongoing post. So I deleted what I thought was my single post but in fact I deleted the entire thread. My apologies! :oops:

webmaster
Site Admin

There are many sites of dubious trustworthiness and authority who make reference to a Dr. Frank Brown of Northwestern University who made a ten year study of the effect of the moon on seedlings. However none of the sites link to the study and I could not locate the actual study document.

There are many references to Doctor Frank Brown studying oysters, hamsters and crabs in relation to the moon, too. It's possible that this ten year study never happened.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Well moon or not, we had a pretty sunset this evening.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

wowee! Nice. We have sunsets like that here if the summer rains would ever start.

Moon shone in my face last night and kept me awake. Couldn't close the curtain cause that was the window my air conditioner was in! Maybe the plants are annoyed by that too. :-|

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”