gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Re: Fall Gardeners Unite!

Much like Gary350, I will often eat some of what I had the night before for dinner for my first meal of the day, and that is usually around 8 a.m. after several cups of coffee and seeing the wife off to work. Yes, I'm retired and the wife hasn't reached Nirvana yet and plans to put in a few more years before hanging them up while I take care of all the things that need to be done around the home.

Just this morning I ate a small bowl of fried rice with tons of vegetables that I cooked while the Patriots were destroying the Steelers in Foxboro on Sunday night. The only time I really eat a traditional breakfast of eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns or grits with toast is on the weekends when my wife and I can share this together. During the week when she leaves for work, I'll usually pack her an English Muffin with ham and cheese and some fruit to eat once she gets to her desk at the office while getting her day planned out.

Allyn
Green Thumb

I love a traditional breakfast.....but not for breakfast. We'll have eggs, bacon, grits or hash browns, or maybe french toast or biscuits and sausage gravy...whatever, but for dinner. Like some of you, we just heat up last night's leftovers or make something easy like pasta and red sauce for breakfast. This morning I had a garden salad and a piece of garlic bread for breakfast. The salad had a chunked-up hard-boiled egg in it. Does that count as eggs for breakfast?

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

So, I'm supposed to have more than coffee for breakfast?

To me eggs, grits, bacon and biscuits are best at 10am or 6pm

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Allyn wrote:I love a traditional breakfast.....but not for breakfast. We'll have eggs, bacon, grits or hash browns, or maybe french toast or biscuits and sausage gravy...whatever, but for dinner. Like some of you, we just heat up last night's leftovers or make something easy like pasta and red sauce for breakfast. This morning I had a garden salad and a piece of garlic bread for breakfast. The salad had a chunked-up hard-boiled egg in it. Does that count as eggs for breakfast?
I love breakfast in the evening for dinner too. I can not eat carbs for breakfast it sends my blood sugar out of control but I can eat all I want for dinner about 5 pm. There are certain things I never get to eat a few weeks ago we had, pancakes, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, sausage, bacon, ham for dinner with REAL maple syrup and hot chocolate.

Allyn
Green Thumb

Gary350 wrote: ...I love breakfast in the evening for dinner too. I can not eat carbs for breakfast it sends my blood sugar out of control but I can eat all I want for dinner about 5 pm. There are certain things I never get to eat a few weeks ago we had, pancakes, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, sausage, bacon, ham for dinner with REAL maple syrup and hot chocolate.
Oh please! It HAS to be real maple syrup. It can't be that artifical maple-flavored corn syrup that most people think is maple syrup. I introduced my husband to real maple syrup and real American cheese (not that individually-wrapped cheese-flavored food-like substance he always thought was American cheese) and he's never going back.

That sounds like a yummy breakfast-for-dinner dinner.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”