BartJY

Tomato question

Hi Folks,

The leaves on my tomatoes have started doing strange things. What does it look like to you? It started happening right around the time I started applying a worm casting tea. Is it possible that the worm castings had an herbicide in the mix? What do you think?

Perplexed and bummed.
Bart
Attachments
IMG_7057.JPG

PaulF
Greener Thumb

It certainly looks like herbicide damage. I would suspend the herbicide tea application. The plants may come out of it and the one thing you can do is to drench the plant with plain water. Usually a slight herbicide damaged plant will grow out of the damage but will be set back a little depending on the dose it received. Good luck.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I definitely agree!

BartJY

Damn, I suspected as much. And I've used the tea twice now. I hope I haven't killed my garden....

Bart

BartJY

PaulF wrote:The plants may come out of it and the one thing you can do is to drench the plant with plain water. Usually a slight herbicide damaged plant will grow out of the damage but will be set back a little depending on the dose it received. Good luck.
When you say drench, do you mean spray the plant with water or give it a good water on the scale of the biblical flood?

Thanks
Bart

applestar
Mod

It's not very likely that the wormcastings had herbicide in it. Where did you get the wormcastings tea? How are you applying the wormcastings tea?

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Whether it came from the tea, which like Applestar says, is questionable, or airborne, it looks like herbicide damage. An outside chance it may be curlytop virus. If it is a virus you may be in trouble.

By drenching, yes, spray down the plants well but also water at the base with clean water. Too much watering the ground could drown the tomatoes however, so water some but not overwater. Fine line I know.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”