raspberryrush

Are these cucumbers salvageable?

I know they look really sad. I'm wondering if you think it's possible they'll come back, and what I should do to try to save them. (Or if I should just rip them out.)

I have no idea if I overwatered or underwatered or if it's disease or bugs (I did see a black bug with red stripes, thought maybe it was a cucumber beetle but arent those yellow striped?)

Everything else in the garden is doing fine except maybe the peppers, which are stunted.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Attachments
IMG_2505.JPG
IMG_2506.JPG

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

(From what I can see....)

It looks pretty under watered. It's very wilted... Water it well and see what happens.

imafan26
Mod

Cucumbers are annuals and that does not look like it is worth saving. It is time for new ones.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I don't think its a watering issue. Looks like a disease. I would plant a few more seeds in a new spot.

raspberryrush

Darn, thank you both. I'm sad for my cucumbers. I actually thought I was over watering as I'd been watering every other day and the woman at the greenhouse told me yesterday I should only water it every 3-4 days... but to me they look like they need a drink though even though I just watered yesterday. Oh well. First year gardening, there will be fatalities :P I'll give it a few days and then rip them out.

raspberryrush

jal_ut wrote:I don't think its a watering issue. Looks like a disease. I would plant a few more seeds in a new spot.
Thank you! I would prefer it's a disease, then it's not as much my fault! I'll try planting some seeds.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”