clipprjim
Newly Registered

what plants do well planted late, in 90º - 100º?

This is my first year gardening in raised beds, I started due to making them high and wide enough to work on from my mobility scooter. My yukon potato's failed in a 10'×2'×2' container, due I believe to the roots being cramped and my planting too late, potato's I have decided need to grow in the ground. My question is, what vegetables can I plant today 95º that can withstand the next 4 months of high temps? I am thinking of high temperature spinach, before I plant I'm interested in comments/suggestions or maybe covering the bed with cardboard keep it wet and let the worms take over. Worms by the way do very well in containers, I can easily sell them however it takes a lot of worms to make a buck. Besides I should not have named them, now I'm attached to all 2500 (and multiplying), that's a lot of names.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Okra!!! You could likely get some larger tomato plants from your local greenhouses. It's still considered planting season here in SC.

Are you sure the potatoes failed? That seems like a reasonably sized bed for potatoes!

catgrass
Green Thumb

Okra, asparagus beans (yard long beans-same thing), field peas, canteloupe, melons, spinach may grow, but it will be BITTER-don't waste your time or space until fall. Not too late for cucumbers, eggplant, squash. If you have some tomato plants, take cuttings from the top of the plant, cut off any blooms, and root them. Plant in the garden in September for fall tomatoes.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

cucumbers, squash, pumpkins, cantaloupes.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”