HEELSCT1

Tomato & Cucumbers Yellow & Brown Spots. Will they Live?

So this year I decided to do my first ever garden! Let me first say that this experience has been awesome up to this point and it is safe to say that I am hooked.

My garden is about a 12x20. I figured that would be plenty for my first go around. I planted 2 rows of corn, 1 row of beans last Monday. May 9th. On May 10th I planted tomato and cucumber plants. Bell pepper, and a few cabbage plants.

We had a frost warning night before last so I covered my plants with bags and took them off the next morning before work. Let me also say that it has rained 12 of the last 15 days here in Kentucky.

The same day that I uncovered my plants I came home to notice that some of my tomato ad cucumber plants had yellow spots and very little brown spots on the leaves.

I'm just wondering if my plants will recover or if they are gonna die? I'm not sure how the frost would have affected them because they were covered. I'm beginning to think maybe all the rain we have had has resulted in over watering?
Is there any tips you guys can provide to a rookie? Do my plants have a chance?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

HEELSCT1

Above is 2 pictures of 2 different plants! Any advice?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

"Do my plants have a chance? "

Yes, they do have a chance. Watch and enjoy!

HEELSCT1

Thanks jal, is there anything I can do to help my plants right now?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Have you fed the plants anything?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

They just need some time and sunshine. Not much to do but watch. They will soon send out new leaves.

HEELSCT1

Thanks to both of you for the responses. Lindsay, I have not fed the plants anything. What do you recommend?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Couple tablespoons of blood meal sprinkled around the base of the plant. If you put some mulch around your plants they'll be pretty happy about it!

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Looks like sun scald or wind burn. They should grow out of it. And I agree with a mulching program. Some sort of low nitrogen fertilization wouldn't hurt but time is your best bet.

HEELSCT1

Thank you all for the responses. I will try the mulch and blood meal today!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”