Gilbebd04
Newly Registered

My beans are dying.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my beans?

There's no bugs or anything up here (apartment) so I'm not sure what it could be. Too much sunlight?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

The soil in the pots look like it is moist. Could you perhaps be over watering them and they have a case of root rot? I don't grow any vegetables in pots, just a few herbs and flowering plants as all of my garden is directly sown in the ground.

I doubt it's too much sunlight as all my bean plants get full sun for at least 8-10 hours a day in the areas I have them planted. Maybe being so close to the glass they are getting some radiated heat off of it and that is taking a toll on them. Just a guess though.

imafan26
Mod

Why are the tops cut off? How old are the beans?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Did it freeze? Looks like they have been frozen.
Also do your pots have drain holes in the bottom so excess moisture can escape?
What is the soil?
What variety are the beans?

OK, I will admit not much help, but we need to know the answers to these questions to be able to perhaps find a cause or solution.

applestar
Mod

I think we definitely need more details for proper diagnosis. I see a marina outside what looks like a window with what looks like palm trees? What is the season there and what kind of temperatures.

These beans are planted in a pot? What size container? How many beans and are those grassy things chives -- is that what the plant tags/labels are for?

Did you grow the beans from seeds? How long ago/how old are they?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”