enieto02
Newly Registered

Bell Pepper plant not happy

Pepper doesn't seem to be doing well not sure why. Flower buds grow but then seem to dry up and fall off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Often, this is due to sudden changes in temperature. Have you recently moved it outside? Or vise versa? Or maybe the temperature where your pepper grows is too cold? Peppers can survive temperatures as low as 0°C (32°F apx.) but they like it when it is about 15-30°C.

enieto02
Newly Registered

I live in Florida so the temperature is pretty warm it's been in the 90sF lately and I have only had it outside.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Are you watering consistently? Looks like it's got a lil burn on it. Have you been fertilizing?

applestar
Mod

I believe those are caused by sucking insects/pests of some kind. Examine the new leaf buds and flower buds carefully, with magnifying glass, jeweler's loupe, or you could try taking macro photos and enlarging on the computer.

Take a look at these peppers which were severely affected by mites. Is there similarity?

Subject: 2015-2016 Winter Indoor Peppers
applestar wrote:New growths on some of the peppers overwintered in the house -- Trinidad Perfum, Dunkel Violetter, Szentesi Feher, Bolivian Rainbow

There may be other photos in the linked thread.

imafan26
Mod

It looks like the top leaves are missing. Thrips and mites usually curl and pucker the top leaves and mites especially will infest the buds. If it get bad enough it will die or drop.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”