RadRob

New bed and random garden pics

I extended the Mirliton trellis another 8' on the left and decided to put in beds to make it easier on the weed pulling exercise thing, I'm gonna build a 3' x 8' bed on the left side for the Mirlitons. I noticed the last 2 years that they grow towards the east and your looking at straight north so it should work.

And here's some random pics from walking around the yard
a few greenhouse tomato pics, I'm so ready for the mayo and bread
This might be the 1st sandwich
I started a few cukes early in the greenhouse but they took forever to grow, finally
the fig tree has filled in and there's a few early figs that usually fall off before they're ripe
The woodchip pile that's been there for 1.5 years, I did add some coffee grounds to it but never turned it. I'm sure the bottom is ripe for use, I just haven't decided what I want to do with it yet
Is it good that acorns are growing in it? I need to cull the squirrels, they're becoming a problem, planting everywhere and getting brave, they use what ever you have around for a nest and have dug up my weed cloth, peeling the top layer of cardboard boxes, using grocery bags and they are the ultimate gardener, I have pecan and oaks coming up in the garden.
blueberries that I neglected but they're trying
1 of the orange tree blossoms
Persimmons are doing they're thing
Cannas are blooming and those white flowers are blackberries that has stickers so it gets neglected since the thornless are doing good but I keep them for a backup
Kumquats still on the tree, enough already. These things are bigger and more sour than the smaller type but the trick is to eat them with the peelings or just eat the peelings. and that reminds me I forgot my other kumquat tree I planted last year for the whiners that complain about the big tree
another orange tree blooming
Japanese Plums are about done but still loaded
I don't remember what this flower is but I planted it last summer in a pot at the edge of the carport and forgot about it
I don't know the name of this either but it was given to me and called a hummingbird plant, it grows for sure and has tripled in growing area in a year
These will be juiced tomorrow with the Mehu Liisa pot on the left

and here's 1 little tomato on a plant in the raised bed that started this thread, grow boy grow

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Wow...looks like you've got a lot going on there!
My garden is just as busy and exciting as yours this time of year :)

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Nice pictures!
Great garden!
I wish that I had a garden like that.

catgrass
Green Thumb

Your pink flower with the yellow tips I think is blanket flower. What you gonna do with all those loquats? Jelly? Wine? Where in south La. are you? I am in Lake Charles area

RadRob

I'm Ragun Gardener on BG and I'm in Lafayette and will make Jelly.

catgrass
Green Thumb

Ohh-you going to the Eunice get together?

RadRob

I'm gonna try, I've been so busy lately but I'm planning on it.

Rue Barbie

Your red-flowered hummingbird plant could be another variety of Canna.

From the internet:

RadRob

It is a Canna variety and they multiply quick. That other flower is a Gaillardia.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”