Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Wasp, Bees, Lady Bug, control.

I don't see a place on the forum for this, I hope it is ok to post it here?

NEW Product repels all wasps and bees. Spray on wood to prevent wasps from building a nest. Wasps and bees eat wood. Repels carpenter bees too. Environmental safe, it does not kill it repels so bees and wasps will go someplace else. This product is manufactured in Mississippi 877-536-1446. There may be a local distributer in your area. Ask for NBS 30 additive. Mix with water then spray.

There are 2 types if lady bugs that are different colors. They eat wood like termites and carpenter ants.

Wasps hibernate in the soil all winter. They come up is spring and build nests. If you have moles in your yard they eat all the wasp larva in the soil and you will not have wasps. Here is a very simple mole trap for catching live moles to transport to your yard. Put a 1 quart mason jar in a mole tunnel when the mole comes through the tunnel again it falls into the jar and can not get out.

Citronella will repels, wasps, bees, lady bugs, mosquitos, flies. Grow your own citronella plant. Harvest the leaves then chop in the food processor. Boil the leave in a pressure cooker or in cooking oil. Use a pressure cooker to cook in water bring to a boil when the pressure cookers starts to steam turn it off and let it cool naturally. If you use cooking oil bring it to about 250 degrees in a pot with lid turn it off and let it cool. Scoop out the plant leaves then strain liquid through a coffee filter. Store the citronella oil in the empty vegetable oil bottle. Story the citronella water in an empty soft drink bottle.

Last edited by Gary350 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

webmaster
Site Admin

Have you personally caught a mole in this manner or know of anyone who has?

I have a mole in my yard that needs to be moved to a new home (per my wife). I'd rather leave it there.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

I prefer the wasps to the moles. The wasps eat pest caterpillars and spiders and do a little pollinating themselves.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

"Wasp, Bees, Lady Bug, control."

My policy: Just leave them alone to do their thing!

webmaster
Site Admin

I agree with you James. However the mole problem I have makes walking in my yard uncomfortable. You can feel the lawn squoosh down beneath your footfalls. Not a little, but by inches. The lawn actually sinks down like a sponge, collapsing beneath each footstep.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Wasps and bees do their thing without any attempt at control. Like web, moles are a real pain, especially last summer. We have never had an infestation like it. That must mean lots of grubs for them to eat. This year an attempt will be made to control them. My whole yard is getting mushy and hilly. Then when I mow the grass is turned to dirt and then grass needs to be replanted. I am not very fussy about the lawn, so it is really bad when I complain.

I only wish we had lady bugs and not the "look-alike" Japanese lady beetles. They were imported to control aphids on soybeans and now they are the pest by the millions. I refuse to use insecticides that will endanger pollinators, so we suck the devils up with a vacuum cleaner in the spring, until the soybeans grow and then again in the fall after harvest.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

jal_ut wrote:"Wasp, Bees, Lady Bug, control."

My policy: Just leave them alone to do their thing!
I have a bad problem with Red Wasps and Lady bugs in the house attic and garage attic. I wish they would stay in the garden. I even have lady bugs in the camper trailer. NBS 30 is $45 for 5 gallons, not sure I need 5 gallons. I am spraying the house with kerosene it is cheap and it works, it does not kill wasps but it keeps them away.

I have moles and I would have more if my cats would stop killing them.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Cats? Ya, I have three hanging out around here. Outside cats. I don't let a cat in the house. They do a pretty good job of keeping the rodent population in check. Skunks and raccoons are a different story. They like to eat my bees and corn.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”