Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Re: Almost Spring '16...what are you doing (or have done) To

Tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, onions, garlic, are all doing good. If it ever warms up I will plant seeds, beans, squash, okra, melons, more.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Watching it rain again............. It has been a wet season here. I did manage to get some corn planted, but the seed will likely rot in the ground. Oh well, I will plant some more the day I see the sun again.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Surrendered again(!) to my wife's wisdom; bought 2 yards topsoil and had it delivered instead of sticking with one yard and picking it up in 2 runs with my utility trailer. Part of it will go to fill our new asparagus raised bed, where again I submitted to her advice and bought a 6x3x1 ft cedar box instead buying lumber and making one.

Do you cook asparagus? Ours never makes it to the kitchen!

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Planted some corn last week. Wet weekend, but big warm up coming. I think it will be ok. Harvested rhubarb this morning for pie this afternoon!

dtizme
Cool Member

Planted some carrots, beets, lettuce, onions and green onions yesterday. Waiting till the weather warms up to get the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers out. I'm guessing another 2 to 3 weeks for those. We had a mild frost last night but it's looking to get better over the next few weeks.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”