applestar
Mod

Re: Looking to plant ONE veggie as a show piece.... meaning

Oh wow that throws a monkey wrench in the planning!

But this would also be an opportunity to upgrade your gardening location 8)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, could be fun, but it is a huge deal. We spent much of last year fixing up our house to sell and house hunting in a new city six hours drive away. So I missed a lot of last year's garden season. We moved in to the new place right around the first of Sept. Then we spent a lot of time getting all unpacked and organized, dealing with things needing to be fixed, completely re-doing the huge wood deck, etc. Then we started working on making raised bed gardens. Had to start all over making myself a place to do seed starting, which is not completed yet. There are seedlings on one level, but now before I can up-pot, I have to get the lights, etc for the next level. Haven't finished building the raised beds yet and even the four that are done are not filled.

It is spring here (forsythias, flowering trees, and daffodils are blooming). If this were an ordinary year, I would be planting, but my garden is going to be very behind this year and I may miss some of the spring cool season crops. Oh well, it's all a work in progress and NEXT year all I will need to do is plant! But parts of two gardening seasons were missed in the process.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I grew a sweet potato once totally by accident, it was about the size of a basket ball.

If you can get your hands on a certain type DeKalb field corn it grows 14 feet tall the corn seed is the size of a nickel.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”