Thornedvine

Re: Slow grape-tomato growth.

I get your point, you don't have to be aggressive about it.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Sorry, the idea was not to be aggressive. Sometimes I use short sentences answering each question. After re-reading my answers it did sound like a shout. Again, sorry. Good luck with your tomatoes.

Thornedvine

It's fine! I'm just sad they're not doing well. Thank you again.

applestar
Mod

When watering, I supplement my container tomatoes and other fruiting plants with kitchen leftovers, kind of like feeding pets :wink: so when I have that cold dreg of coffee left in my mug or coffee pot, or when the kids don't finish their juice or milk in their glass, when they finish a carton or DH finishes a bottle of soda, etc. I put these leftovers and rinse the containers with a swish of water to pour into the watering can.

They are diluted many times over by the rest of the water, and this isn't controlled fertilizer feeding, which I do once a month or so, but they do contain and provide a certain amount of the basic NPK as well as trace minerals and vitamins.

imafan26
Mod

The white bugs are probably white flies. Soap will help so will hosing off the undersides of the leaves. The plants are more inviting to pests when they are in distress. What kind of fertilizer are you using?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”