applestar
Mod

Re: What are you harvesting? Late-Summer ~ Fall, 2015

Today's Harvest Photos
image.jpg
- Myoga, Purple Ruben basil, Burgundy okra, Little Dixie Butterpea
- Chocolate Cake pepper, Fish SuperVar but not very variegated fruit, Peppadew.
- Perhaps last Cow's Tit, Not Liguria double and single looking brown colored rather than red. Körningin der Frùhen, Northern Delight, MR x ZCMWF #5B and #4B
- Amethyst Cream, not RQM, Matt's Wild Cherry, Champagne and Petit Pomme Blanche, Sun Belle, Ildi
- Prok persimmon -- big! -- and two larger Petit Nigra figs that were soft even though they weren't fully dark colored.
- One Enterprise that was on the ground and others are Arkansas Black apples. Before and after cleaning the sooty blotch and fly speck mold.

Tea shrub is starting to bloom. If left on the plant they will turn into seed pods, but I'd rather pick and dry the fragrant blossoms to put in the tea.
image.jpg

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I will set the garbage can out for pick up this morning. It is almost embarrassingly heavy with corncobs! If they wouldn't last into the next century undecayed, I just might be embarrassed to admit that they don't have a place in my compost pile.

The cucumbers are still going full on but nearly all melons have been harvested. The exception are a couple of Charentais volunteers. I left them and they have done okay. A couple of Cantaloupe are still out there and my earliest ripening, a Galia, managed one more fruit for the season which we enjoyed for dessert, yesterday :).

Peppers are ripening at a steady pace and the Super Chilies have taken up their customary place in a shallow basket on the greenhouse bench, to dry.

Steve

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Picked a bunch more peppers yesterday. Gonna dry what I can. I've already given away as many as I can to everyone who will take them. Embarrassed to say that I still haven't gotten up the courage to try the reapers (although I've shared many of them).

Pulled my green beans and picked anything that looked useable. We'd already done about 3 pretty good pickings.

And pulled about half of my mater plants out...kept all the decent looking ripening and green ones.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”