tanaaron

What does an overheated sugar snap pea plant look like?

Is this what overheating does to the leaves? I have looked around several forums and websites about growing sugar snap peas, and many of them show pictures of plants affected by various fungi, but none of them have shown an example of the effect of high temperatures on the leaves. I was wondering if my plant might be undergoing fungal infection or overheating (please see below). The yellowing is starting from the edges of the leaves.

Thank you!
Attachments
20150723_yellowingPeaPlant2.JPG

tanaaron

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Temperatures have been high 70's to mid 80's.

tanaaron

Sounds good. I was just worried about fungus and the like.. I probably want to reuse that soil, but not if there's yucky stuff in it. Thanks.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

That's also a pretty small-looking pot for peas. Could be a combination of stress from both heat & confined quarters.

tanaaron

It does look small in the picture, but the pot is at least a foot in diameter. Is still too small?

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Actually, with adequate watering, I've never seen a pea plant itself look stressed (which is why I'm thinking the small pot might have something to do with your problem). Normally the plant can/will look perfectly healthy - it just won't flower & set pods due to the heat. Quite often if you can keep the plant healthy & pest-free until the worst of the heat passes, you'll get flowers & pods once things cool down a bit.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”