mach1cj

problem with bean leaves

003 (480x640).jpg
Beans are doing pretty good finally and now I have this going on. blight of some sort??

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Re: problem with bean leaves

I don't think so. I think it is just sun scald. Were those seeds planted in the ground or were the plants transplanted to where they are? Have you had a lot of real hot, sunny days?
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

mach1cj

rainbow, they were planted in the ground and yes we've had a few really hot days, but mostly rainy days. (Northern Ohio). What seems funny to me, it has seem to affect only 2-3 rows out of several. I have some planted on the North side of my house and it really doesn't get much sun, except late afternoon. it's effecting a couple rows there too.

applestar
Mod

It could be they got splashed or sprayed with something....?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

mach1cj

I did spray them a few days ago with a light mix of miracle grow, but it's not effecting all, just a few rows.

imafan26
Mod

It looks a little like what I get when it gets really hot and windy. The leaves sometimes tear in the wind and the edges can dry up in the heat.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3

A very few of my bean leaves look like that too. I think it's just sunscald as rainbow said. Temps here have been mid to upper 90's with bright sun! Starting to get a little more humid now with a little lower temps. The summer rains are around the corner, hope they come! :)

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3

Sorry, just noticed you said only affecting a few rows. Maybe something else at work.

mach1cj

Taiji, the beans have recovered nicely...now it's the Japanese beetles! :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”