JennMolly
Newly Registered

Fuzz on my bush beans. Is this normal? Pic attached.

Hi all!

New gardener here! I have never in my life done anything remotely close to gardening but now that I am a Mom I'm more concerned with what we eat. So please excuse me if some of my questions are obvious =).

A week and a half ago I planted about 70 plants (Cucumber, herbs, tomatoes, beans, etc) everything is looking great but I am a bit confused about my bush beans. When I checked them this morning they have a white fuzz on them. When I Google it I cant find anything on the subject. I was wondering if you can let me know if this is a disaster or normal. I'm concerned about my other plants as they are all in the same tray. Thanks so much!

I've attached a photo, I planted them in peet pods and am hoping to plant them next week (we are still having frost warnings at night if you can believe that! Canada eh... lol)
Attachments
fuzzybeans.jpg

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

This is probaply a bean that wasn't planted deep enough, and the end the roots grow out of was very close to the surface. So what you are seeing is probably the hair roots. I have had this happen out of the side of jiffy pellets with squash seeds.

JennMolly
Newly Registered

Great! Thanks so much, that's a relief. They are growing and as they grow the fuzz is disappearing. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”