Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Bought flat of peppers today! CHEAP.

Bought a flat og peppers today. I got 4 different types of sweet red peppers. The place I get them has them in containers of a dozen and a flat has 96 plants for $14. What a great deal. I also got a 12 pack of celeberty tomatoes for $2.50. just imagine one tomato at lowes is $2.60 or more. These ones I got are 10 inches high and perfect both peppers and tomatoes. I brought them inside frost next two days!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like a good deal. Celebrity tomato? Yes, I like that one. It has been good for me. Have fun!

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Yes, those are great deals, if you have lots of space to plant. :)

imafan26
Mod

I like Celebrity. It is a good disease resistant tomato. Unfortunately it is pretty, red and round which usually means that it is not going to rate high on flavor unless you make sauce.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I could repot one per pot and get a $1 for one and make $96 at the flea market on a flat that cost me about $$15. The plants are way nicer than the ones at lowes that cost $2.60 each for both peppers and tomatoes.

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Wow, I like that entrepreneurish spirit! :) That's an idea though; even raising plants from seeds, raise a few extra and make a little something! We have a vegetable/farmer's market around here every weekend even in the winter, bet the seedlings would sell really well.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

They sell good if you have nice ones early. After the season starts everyone is selling them! People are suckers for big plants even though the smaller ones take quicker.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”