Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Gardener Wes Garden Thread!

Hey guys, I finally got done moving and I'm currently in the process of setting up the new garden(farm as some call it here), and things are going well. I have a potato plant ready to re-pot, 3 basil pots, and a few succulents floating around!
_DSC0093.jpg
_DSC0095.jpg
_DSC0094.jpg
Here are some pictures of the porch. This is only the start of my project. I have a lot of landscaping to clean up and a lot of planting to do!

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Here are some pictures of the plants. Also the empty tray is going to be filled with lettuce seeds soon.
Empty Tray
Empty Tray
Basil
Basil
Potato
Potato
Succulent
Succulent

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Working on my first bed out in the side yard.

RedBeard1987

Lookin good Wes! I'm also starting a new garden after moving. Good luck to you in the new spot! That basil is looking good. iv been having trouble getting mine going for some reason. Potatoes look good too! mine just popped up last weekend.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Sadly, I got a bad flea beetle attack. It killed my potato plant(no real yield either) and my basil got a small hit. I've dealt with the issue since. Basil can, excuse my language if not allowed, a pain in the ass. Most people will say it's super easy to grow but honestly with pests... It can get to be a pain. I lost 1/3 of my yield last year to leaf miners. Good luck to you though in starting up a garden. I'm hoping to keep expanding but due to lack of time I may just extend out this bed another 4ft to the left(of the picture) lay some acorn and longneck(girlfriend's request) squash and just keep tilling till its time for cool crops since I'm running late on summer crops.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Finally got around to taking some more photos.
Attachments
flapjacks and sun flowers
flapjacks and sun flowers
Flapjacks
Flapjacks
Catus
Catus
FlapJack
FlapJack
Sunflowers
Sunflowers
Basil(cloning)
Basil(cloning)
New Plant(Unknown to me)
New Plant(Unknown to me)
Zebra Hippie Tomato
Zebra Hippie Tomato

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

More Photos!
Attachments
Pumpkin
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Patch
Mother of Thousands
Mother of Thousands
Basil Clones
Basil Clones

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

The "new plant unknown" to you is a Sansevieria of some type (there are quite a few). Also known as "Snake Plant" and "Mother-in-Law's Tongue".

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

GardeningCook wrote:The "new plant unknown" to you is a Sansevieria of some type (there are quite a few). Also known as "Snake Plant" and "Mother-in-Law's Tongue".
Thank you for that information. It was given to my girlfriend as a gift. Since she "has a black thumb" its now apart of my plant collection.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Actually, your girlfriend might actually have luck with this one. They're practically indestructible & seem to thrive (or at least exist fairly well) on benign neglect. For many years this was THE plant one always saw residing in dusty corners of storefronts, offices, Laundromats, etc., etc.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Oh cool. Well, I'll probably be tending to it and making it grow really well. She has actually gone without watering a plant for 4 months and asked me why it died. lol.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

I do photography also in my spare time and here is a very nice photo of my basil bush.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

So, It's been a while since updated this thread. Right now, things are going very well. Sadly, the mother of thousands died(couldn't ID the issue in time), and my basil bush has gotten even bigger plus more things to show off.

Basil:

This is only some of my basil. I actually sold 3 small basil plants to another local to help supplement funding for my gardening needs. I'll add more pictures soon, it's just a busy day today.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Your garden looks great so far! Look forward to more posts! :-()

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

I'm actually quite impressed I've gotten this much done so far. We Moved in only a month ago, and all of this was started from scratch. The hardest part has been tilling up the empty side yard for planting.

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

More photos:
Some of the outdoor basil(hot day)

Squash(they're having some issues with leaves turning yellow)

Gardener_Wes
Cool Member

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”