WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Royal Purple Pod Vs Royal Burgundy Bush Beans

Ok so I ordered 1/2 pound of non GMO Royal Burgundy Bush Bean seeds from a supplier off of Ebay, (someone I've ordered from before), and instead I get an invoice for RBBB but the 1/2 pound packet of seeds I ordered are labeled as Royal Purple Pod Beans. So I know that the RPPB is the predecessor to the RBBB but are they really all that different?

I sent a message to the seller asking them to verify the information on the packet vs. the listing is correct or incorrect. Either way, I want to hedge my bets. We really like the flavor of the RBBB but if I do end up with it's predecessor (in the worst case scenario where they tell me they actually are RBBB and not RPPB, but end up being RPPB anyway), I'm wondering if there is much of a difference in it's flavor and growing habits?

I've also noticed that some people on the internet show the RPPB as a bush type and a climbing/vine type grower. Either way I'm most irritated at the issue now.

TIA guys!

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

On a side note I did find these guys. They offer free shipping on most orders.

I may end up just starting an EBay case on the seller I bought the original seed from. I'm irritated to say the least that they haven't responded to my messages. We'll see. They're price for 1/2 lb of seed is good (I think) and free shipping is always welcome. Still organic and non GMO seed too.

https://www.highmowingseeds.com/organic- ... -bean.html

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”