CoolGardens
Newly Registered

Sweet Basil Help Please...

I live in the South West part of America - New Mexico to be specific. I'm wanting to plant some sweet basil as it's a rather popular item in my home, the problem is, however, since we're going into fall soon outdoor planting is impossible. Or, rather, illogical. As such, I wanted to grow them inside, in terra cotta pots, and place them on my window sills in a heated room during the day (heated only if it's cold out, keep it within their comfortable temperature.) Is it possible to grow them in pots (6" to start; up to 10" and higher as needed) and still get good leaves? Considering they can grow to be a foot or more high and wide, is it a good idea as far as space economy goes? Also, how many seeds per pot? I'm rather new to herb gardening. Any tips?

P.S. I hope this was posted in the right forum, if not I'm sorry. And hello everybody! First post!

lillgardnr

I have a few sweet basils in pots and they are doing great :D , I just have to water them more then the basil I have in the ground. good luck :wink:

CoolGardens
Newly Registered

lillgardnr wrote:I have a few sweet basils in pots and they are doing great :D , I just have to water them more then the basil I have in the ground. good luck :wink:
Excellent, thank you!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”