Newly Registered

any ideas what veggie these are

Planted a lot of plant but when I replanted some I didn't Wright it down
Attachments
20150308_221032.jpg

applestar
Mod

Re: any ideas what veggie these are

They look like tomato seedlings, but rather purple and yellow. Too cold? Too wet?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

karhernandez33
Newly Registered

It is cold but they are in a small green house with a light

applestar
Mod

Sorry, but I meant they don't look healthy. What is the actual max/min temperature? It's very important to monitor -- easiest with max/min recording wireless remote censor with display base in the house, but at least keep a thermometer in it and go out and check during mid-day/early afternoon (with full sun) and first thing in the morning at dawn. You really want the seedlings to have a strong start or they will struggle and fall prey to pests and diseases.

You may want to try bringing them inside for the night if temperatures fall below mid-40's. Or even start another batch of seeds. Tomato seedlings will grow slowly but well in 50's to 60's.... Low 70's at most. They grow too fast and spindly at mid-70's to 80's.

Here are some of mine that were moved out of the warmer 70's location to 60's. They will be going out to the garage with temperatures of 50's/low 60's day and upper 40's/low 50's night soon to slow them down and to develop stocky growth. Space is limited inside, too. They'll get better/stronger light than this in the garage set up.
image.jpg
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

karhernandez33
Newly Registered

20150319_222754.jpg
20150319_222815.jpg
My green house is indoors and I know it's not to hot. Its old and has holes all in it. But I could be over watering it not so good with planting but love to do it.
Anyway I do believe it's a green tomato plant