JayPoc
Greener Thumb

And so it starts...2015!

First actual, physical gardening of 2015 (still several inches of snow on the ground). Started a tray each of red Russian kale, collards, and assorted lettuces. Also started an indoor herb garden for the missus. Planted a small batch of oregano, basil, parsley, dill, and chives just to tide us over until we can start that sort of thing outdoors. Have some "regular" kale in the ground outside under the snow that has survived this winter outside so far. It was very small when an early cold snap hit us, but it still seems to have a little life. I expect (hope) that will take off in a few weeks. I'll be starting peppers and tomatoes in about two weeks. Ordered some onions from Dixondale farms....Ordered a bunch of assorted seeds from Burpee. Yep, it's go time!

Good luck to all!

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Thank you, JayPoc!

I don't have to sow some of the cool-season greens just yet. I sprinkled seed on a little bed in my unheated greenhouse about November first. Some of those plants can be moved under plastic in an outdoor bed in a few days. I gotta get the benches back in the greenhouse and turn the heat on soon!

Meanwhile, onions in flats of soil mix are coming up in there. Snapdragon seed was sown in containers last week and peppers will go in the mix, today! Those 2, and soon many more, will all go above the refrigerator in the kitchen until they sprout.

We've got 11 hours from sunrise to sunset now! Yep, it's time ...

:) Steve:

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

We have been busy like our bees and doing a ton of yard work this last weekend! Now that a lot of that is out of the way we can start to plan for our garden this year :) Our bulbs from last season are starting to poke through and today we will start some of our flowers and veg in our hoop house (green house)! Pretty excited to start this seasons seeds as over the winter we have been participating in seed exchanges and have a small collection of seeds from all over the place! Thanks to all who traded with us, soon we will see how the germination is! Cheers to new gardens of 2015! :-()

Kim
Attachments
Chickens_Feb_2015.jpg
Getting_Trays_Ready_for_planting.jpg
Darwin_and_Bulbs_2015.jpg

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

What fun ...... getting going. Here it has been snowing and now as it clears up its getting cold. Won't be any planting going on here for a while.

imafan26
Mod

James, you may start later than most, but you always have such a bounty from your garden every year.

McKinney88

My start of 2015

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

They sure look good!! :-()

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”