Mr green
Green Thumb

Re: 2015 Experiments, What are you trying.

Alright then I totally understand why. Your doing some interesting projects, just read another thread. Keep up with the nice work, and them photos.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

You have to do, what you have to do, even if that means gardening on the pond liner. :)
This year I am trying several new plants : kiwis, Brazilian grape tree, dwarf banana and dwarf mulberry, Okinawa and longevity spinach, yakon edible tubers, sunchokes , ground cherry, pepino melon, Burbank's wonderberry, and possibly some others I forget about. Oh, some medicinal herbs, but so far just one from them came out -toothache plant. I hope, that andrographis will sprout, because it is, although extremely bitter herb, also very effective immune system herb.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Forgot about ollas. I might experiment with gluing two pots together to use as ollas, although not sure I want glue leaching into my soil...Especially I would like to use them for plants in pots. I tried plastic bottles with 2 needle holes in them -doesn't work, water leaves in an hour or two -with ollas it lasts at least for a day.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”