PerfecTommy07

Painted Lady Runner beans

This is a beautiful plant. It's the first time I've grown runner beans. It took off from seed about 4 weeks ago and is about 4 feet tall already, with tons of salmon/white blooms. The plant seems pretty hardy as it shrugged off a couple of unexpected temperature dips here in Chicago a few weeks ago and is still doing very well. I pinched off the main vine at the tip about a week ago and since have gotten tons of side shoots and even more blooms.

Just yesterday I noticed a couple of leaves seemed a bit weathered. So far it’s only a handful of leaves, and I think it may be normal wear and tear, but I'm posting a few pics anyway just in case any of you recognize this as a sign trouble on the horizon. I want this plant to do very well.

Anyone else growing this variety and have any tips, tricks or advice on how to keep the vine happy and healthy??

Thanks
PT7
Attachments
IMG_2127[1].JPG
IMG_2130[1].JPG
IMG_2129[1].JPG

PerfecTommy07

Still hoping someone can help shed some light on this.

So I am figuring that the 2nd pic (yellowing leaf) is just old growth. This is at the very bottom of the plant and was one of the very first true leaves to emerge. However I am noticing more and more leaves that are looking like the other two pictures. There don't appear to be any obvious pests that I can identify. It HAS been very windy and rainy the last few days, but I'm not sure that rain and wind would cause this type of damage. Otherwise, I suspect some kind of nutritional deficiency??

This plant is growing in an earthbox with cukes and dill.

Does anyone have a clue what (if) there is a problem?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”