nosebleed21

Summer and rainy season Vegetable gardening

What vegetables can I plant this summer I live in the philippines and it goes as high up as 34 decrees celcius
Also
Rainy season is up ahead any suggestions on what plant to grow?

feldon30

Okra
Peppers
Cowpeas
Summer Peas

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

hot weather greens, like:
mustards
new zealand spinach
malabar spinach
vegetable amaranth
okinawa spinach

nosebleed21

feldon30 wrote:Okra
Peppers
Cowpeas
Summer Peas

thanks is this for the summer season or rainy season?

imafan26
Mod

Long beans, bitter melon, collards (if you like them, they are similar to kale) kang kong, sweet potato, mung beans, Jicama, eggplant, upo, cucumber, wing beans, green beans, tomato, peppers, most of the herbs, zucchini, melons for summer. Some of these take up a bit of space, so it depends on how much space you have but some can grow in big pots. You will need a fence or trellis for some of them unless you are willing to let them sprawl.

For the rainy season, taro, tupig, kang kong, NZ spinach (it will take over), green onions, radish, banana if you have the room, greens: pechai, lettuce, beets, cilantro, mint, and snow peas.

If you have the space papaya, chico, and chayote.

Ginger can be planted in 5 gallon buckets your seasons are opposite from mine. Ginger usually comes up around April in the Spring and will die down around Nov-Jan when the rainy season starts. I just break off a piece when it is growing whenever I need it.

I am not Filipino. I have a few Filipino friends and I have to learn the Ilocano and some other dialect names of fruits and vegetables when we talk. I kind a know the types of things they like to eat and grow.

nosebleed21

!potatoes! wrote:hot weather greens, like:
mustards
new zealand spinach
malabar spinach
vegetable amaranth
okinawa spinach
Thanks!!!

nosebleed21

imafan26 wrote:Long beans, bitter melon, collards (if you like them, they are similar to kale) kang kong, sweet potato, mung beans, Jicama, eggplant, upo, cucumber, wing beans, green beans, tomato, peppers, most of the herbs, zucchini, melons for summer. Some of these take up a bit of space, so it depends on how much space you have but some can grow in big pots. You will need a fence or trellis for some of them unless you are willing to let them sprawl.

For the rainy season, taro, tupig, kang kong, NZ spinach (it will take over), green onions, radish, banana if you have the room, greens: pechai, lettuce, beets, cilantro, mint, and snow peas.

If you have the space papaya, chico, and chayote.

Ginger can be planted in 5 gallon buckets your seasons are opposite from mine. Ginger usually comes up around April in the Spring and will die down around Nov-Jan when the rainy season starts. I just break off a piece when it is growing whenever I need it.

I am not Filipino. I have a few Filipino friends and I have to learn the Ilocano and some other dialect names of fruits and vegetables when we talk. I kind a know the types of things they like to eat and grow.

appreciate the long list!!thanks a lot!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”