StormyWinter
Newly Registered

What does Spinach Look Like at 3-4 Inches High?

Hello everyone! I'm in a bind here. I have planted Collard Greens, Mustard Greens and Spinach. Now here's my problem, my main reason for wanting to grow these 3 things (among several others) is to feed my Bearded Dragon who if she could would eat me out of my house. In my quest to save money I came up with a brilliant idea, why not grow her food! So far so good up until yesterday. I did so more research on what I can and can not feed her, and guess what Spinach is on the do NOT feed list. So here is where my problem comes in. I want to get rid of the spinach all together but since everything is still just growing I can not tell the difference between the 3 of them. They are all only about 3-4 inches tall right now.

Here's my question to you experts. Can anyone please tell me (preferably show me pictures) of what spinach looks like growing at this age, so I can remove it from my garden. Yes I was VERY stupid and didn't label anything, just starting growing not know what is where and what is what. I have learned the hard way! I am a gardener of only flowers, this is my first time growing any kind of veggie. But aside from this little dilemma my new garden is doing great! Butternut squash, zucchini, peas, green beans and pumpkins are all doing well, and those I labeled after realizing it's impossible to figure out what is what!

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Oh and BTW, if there is a web site someone has would also be great as well.

Also if this is in the wrong spot sorry again, please PM me and let me know where it has been moved to so I can find it!

Roger

Hi there ! These do not have pictures of small plants, but they do have some nice pictures of the three to give you an idea of the differences. Just scan down the list to the plant you want to take a look at.

[url]https://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senior/vegetabl/vegetabl.htm[/url]

StormyWinter
Newly Registered

Thanks Roger! It actually helped out a lot! Now I have some work to do!

Learning the hard way sucks! :(

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”